Supply Chain, Intern Troy, Michigan
The Supply Chain Intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the supply chain business from the leading global tier one supplier of complete plastic fuel systems and emission reduction related fluids systems to car manufacturers.
You will have the opportunity to interact with Plastic Omnium’s leadership team and learn from their personal successes. This internship seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business.
- Support inbound freight cost using and optimization of delivery frequencies
- Makes recommendations having substantial impact on plant/division operation and performance
- Optimize transportation inbound shipments from suppliers while balancing plant inventory level, surface utilization, labor work content and cost using a business case model according to management guidance
- Review, analyze, create and/or update PFEP (Plan For Every Part) based on management direction
- Assist with a wide variety of inventory and inventory control functions
- Analyze various types of data and recommend costs savings by analyzing inventory and freight data
- Optimize component inventory planning levels
- Regularly interface with other departments in an effort to drive Continuous Improvement
- Review, analyze and update component packaging data as well as create a packaging database and manual.
- Develop effective communications and a positive working relationship with other company employees, supervisors and managers to ensure a team effort in achieving short and long-term company goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree program studying Business, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Purchasing
- Good academic standing, with a minimum GPA 3.0 (cumulative) while participating in the program
- Class standing: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior (Undergrad) or Graduate Students
- Willing to work at any of our North American locations
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship from Plastic Omnium, Auto Inergy division, now and in the future.
- At ease and effective in a matrix, multicultural and fast evolving environment
CO-OP OR INTERN TERMS
Please Note: We're looking for students who can either fill the intern or co-op with us for the following term:
- Winter / Spring – Jan – April 2020
- Summer - May-August 2020
- Fall - Sept-Dec 2020
For more information please visit our website at http://www.careers.plasticomnium.com/