Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution!
With 30,000 team members located in 31 countries and a 2017 revenue of €8 billion, Plastic Omnium is world leader in its business.
The Clean Energy Systems Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. The division employs 7,500 employees in 36 industrial sites.
Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
The Gas System Engineer is in charge to define and develop safe and cost effective gas system architectures (hydrogen and CNG).
- Design safe and cost effective gas systems (250, 350 and 700 bars) according to the application needs.
- Propose concept that are already known or innovative/disruptive for cost or increased performance, quality and safety.
- Ensure design conformity with applicable standards
- Creation of the assembly drawings
- Creation of the Bill of Materials for the product/project
- Creation of Kit Installation Instructions and/or Sub-assembly Drawings
- Support sales team in front of the customers; contribute to RFQs (Request for Quotation) and solution definition.
- As an expert, support project teams.
- Support sourcing to build and qualify gas component supplier base
- Support industrial team to define assembly and testing lines
- Above 5 years in Engineering/R&D positions
- Deep experience in high pressure gas systems
- Knowledge in hydrogen specific gas systems
- Master degree in engineering or equivalent
Job Technical skills
- Solid and deep understanding of the technology
- Multidisciplinary competences (mechanics static and dynamics, sealing, thermal mgt)
- Understand system optimization
- Understand design for manufacturing
Job Soft skills
- Ability to work efficiently
- Ability to find trade offs
- Open minded, can think out of the box
- Delivers clear and easy to understand information
- Comfortable communicating to different types of audiences, upwards and downwards