Troubleshoot all mechanical and electrical equipment for paint line.
- Weld and fabricate all modifications.
- Make all necessary repairs and preventive maintenance checks for paint equipment.
- Keep equipment clean and dust free.
- Assist Automation Tech with needed repairs.
- Apply 5 “S” Standards to paint line equipment.
- Attend all classes and training required by Plastic Omnium.
- Install and maintain a wide variety of complicated mechanical, electrical, electronic transmission testing and Control equipment, single or 3 phase, up to maximum, voltage used plant and on injection equipment.
- Diagnose and solve any type of mechanical, electrical or electronic trouble with paint application and support equipment (RTO, robots, chillers, air-houses, burners, conveyors, robots etc.).
- Design and install supports, conduit, wiring and piping for different equipment as needed.
- Build from wiring diagrams and sketches, large single phase and 3- phase equipment.
- Diagnose and repair breakdowns to all equipment in Paint Department.
- Keep up with all applicable codes and guidelines by NFPA, NEC, OSHA etc.
- Operate a variety of power tools including grinders, drill presses, saws-all.
- Responsible for rigging and moving machinery and accurate installation.
- Assure all equipment is properly lubricated and maintained.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose repairs on all paint line equipment.
- Assist maintenance technicians in other groups as required.
- Upon successful completion of applicable Hazardous Materials Training, may be required to handle and/or transport hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement tools
- Must pass medical evaluation for respirator use
- Be able to wear a personal harness
- Be able to use precision measuring instruments such as micrometer, dial indicators, Veneer
- Calipers and depth gauges
- Having a working knowledge of PLC, PC and robotics
- Requires ability to check general conditions as to wear diagnose bearing wear, shaft conditions
- Capable of lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Physically capable of climbing over equipment, under conveyors, molds, and material handling systems
Some of our Outstanding Benefits
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans – effective on date of hire
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Relocation for qualified moves
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned up successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.