|LOCATION||NEW BOSTON – MICHIGAN
|CONTRACT TYPE||Long Term-At will
Clean Energy Systems
- Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project execution
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high energy environment. Positions require unusual hours and/or commitments of time beyond standard work week.
- Effective Leadership & Communication Skills:
- Internal – startup activities facility wide (cross-departmental)
- External – customer specifications and ability to work with Local/State Gov’t and Technical Resources to optimize available services and/or resources available for start-up operations
- Proven successful project management skills
- Creation of all functional process documentation
- Creation and execution of staffing plans
- Manage and maintain HR Reporting Systems
- Creation and execution of training strategy for startup operation and beyond
- Work with local State and/or Technical Institutions to explore available resources for startup operations
- Lead effective proactive employee communications processes
- Build trust & credibility with all employees with legal and consistent application of management practices
- Coaching and Developing – coach and educate managers on HR matters and issues; Coach and support individuals as needed in specific situations; guide and direct effective conflict resolutions
- Listening and Communication – adjust and build communication to reach target audience and convey clear message
- Legal Compliance – ensure legal and consistent application of people management practices
- Guardian of expertise in “human” aspects of management practices
- Ability to identify future competency needs arising from the development of the organization
- Ability to share the big picture in order to create alternative ways to get desired results
- Fiscal responsibility relating to budget and use of resources
- Assist in meeting or exceeding organizational targets set by the President & Plant Director.
- Strategic Member of Plant Management Team – aligning HR with business strategy.
- Facilitate associate communication – pro-active employee relations.
- Manage recruitment of exempt, non-exempt & hourly associates.
- Facilitate Career Development & Succession Planning.
- Manage employee relations/problem solving activities.
- Develop and manage HR policies and procedures for Plant Operations in coordination with Corp HR Department.
- Manage training, safety, payroll and benefits functions for Plant Operations. Ensuring compliance with TS16949; ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and all State and Federal regulations regarding same.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal Regulations in employment practices and advise management regarding same.
- Supervise HR staff - Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator.
- Coordinate Employee Activities (Recognition, Annual Events, etc.)
- Community Relations – Plant Representative – Chamber of Commerce; United Way, Professional Organizations.
- Create a working environment in which problem solving tools and techniques are applied to effectively resolve issues.
- Understand the impact of short term decision on medium/long term performance and find the appropriate balance.
- Encourage team members to participate actively in change when faced with new challenges (technological, organizational, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management Required; other applicable degrees may be considered
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Professional Certification Preferred… PHR or SPHR
- Minimum of 5-7 years as an HR Generalist
- Proficient in all Federal & State Laws- EEOC, Workers Comp, ERISA, ADA, FMLA
- Union (UAW) experience preferred
- Recruiting Experience Required
- Membership in local HR Organizations
- Promote positive company image through community involvement
- Must successfully complete all required training
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Legally able to work in the U.S. without requirement of visa sponsorship/transfer now and in the future
Skills and Abilities
- Applied use of “HR Body of Knowledge” (Strategic Management; Workforce Planning & Development; HR Training & Development; Compensation and Benefits; Employee Relations; Occupational Health and Safety)
- Influencing, Motivating and Directing People
- Effective Communication Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Personal Credibility