- The logistic Buyer is responsible for the commodity supply positioning, core supplier preferences, bid list development, market trends and footprint, commodity cost structure, current and future business plan, and future action plan to achieve the intended results
- Manage supplier relationship within an Extended Enterprise framework in support of the team in accordance with the Purchasing Responsibility Matrix
- Ensure the competitiveness of his/her commodity achieving aggressive cost targets, considering quality, cost, technology and compliance to reach PO needs.
- To design, develop and implement a purchasing strategy in regards of supply chain costs (transports local and international) for the region
- Ensure compliance of his/her supplier base with legislation and PO regulations.
- Accountable to define and delivery the committed budget (cash and P&L)
- Productivity, supply base management, score card, number of supplier gap closure on activities both commercial and quality; debt management, right first time invoicing, sourcing in compliance with target
- This position is a key team member in all supply chain related improvements activities with the purpose to drive financial solutions to plant operations and division
- Lead VAVE activity from idea generation to implementation, by working directly with suppliers, supply chain team and plants to drive cost reductions
- Develop and implement Cost Models and Cost Estimating Tools for assigned commodities
- Conduct supplier development assessment audits for current and potential new suppliers as necessary
- Assist in the establishment and work on the realization of supply base performance targets through the Supplier Scorecard
- Work closely with the manufacturing plants to establish an effective supply base
- Actively support Program Team cross-functional reviews
- Develop, maintain, and publish appropriate documentation as required by the applicable purchasing procedures
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Prepare correspondence for internal and external purposes
- Support other department positions and special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible to work with legal department to insure the legal soundness of the contractual relationships between POIES and its supply base, within scope assigned. This includes but not limited to, Master Agreements, Financial Improvement Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements and Consignment Agreements)
- Proposes, get approval, deploy and track the commodity strategy (together with the country supply chain managers)
- Manages the supply base according the strategy defined
- Manage and update often the Business Plan.
- Define with management adequate number of supplier according the regions need. (US & MX)
- He/she is responsible for a market analysis and intelligence (benchmark, professional fairs, market trends, innovation...
- Takes part or leads internal working groups for technical savings identification or problem solving
- Follows and reports the supplier’s performance and action plans.
- He/she is responsible to report any risk to the risk manager of his commodity (financial health of suppliers, M&A, dependence ratio…)
- Leads negotiation with the suppliers and internal customers
- Responsible for working directly with CES Americas sites in regards to all commercial supply chain subjects, sequencing operations, transportation, logistics providers, carriers, brokers, logistics claims, warehousing, among others.
- Work cooperatively with supply chain group in optimizing logistics operations from packaging optimization, transportation and material flow to customer delivery.
- Actively participate in RFQ’s activities for logistic services requirements for regular production and future programs.
- Recommends thru sourcing committees decisions logistic suppliers in relation to cost, service quality, capacity and operational capabilities.
- Studies and create fuel surcharge mechanisms calculation based on market prices and cost benefits for the company.
- Visit and audit logistics supplier’s facilities to qualify as new source assist until resolution of operational claims, service quality and delivery problems.
- Manage logistics pricing in SAP. Create process to control and monitoring pricing fluctuation in the system
- Bachelor Degree (Supply Chain Management, Business preferred)
- Experience in a manufacturing industry environment
- Understanding on Department Of Transportation / IMDG / IATA / CUSTOMS highly preferred.
- Experience in Incoterms, customs clearance, tariff codes, logistics regulations and procurement.
- Knowledge of the transportation markets
- Purchasing knowledge / Commodity strategy management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Logistics, Operations, Procurement with ideal operational role experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills are essential in this role
- Fluid Spanish language preferred.
- Must be able to relate & communicate well with people at all levels
- Ability to deliver results, influence others and gain alignment on direction
- Highly developed time management and follow up skills with the ability to multi-task and determine priorities
- Self-starter, excellent people and problem solving skills, strong task ownership and superior work ethic
- Advanced knowledge of purchasing practices, procedures, and policies
- Ability to maintain excellent working relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word Excel, PowerPoint), ability to navigate Internet and Intranet software packages, and ability to utilize applicable ERP system (SAP)
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs