This role is dedicated to the development of New Energies business in Korea (and therefore speaks Korean) and is actively participating to the structuration of its business model.
The Program Manager is accountable for the achievement of project targets and the management validated objectives (quality, profitability, timing and risks) that he/she defined.
He/She will also act as Product Application Engineer being the technical interlocutor in front of the customer, responsible for the product from quotation until end of service life.
He/she leads the projects in accordance with internal rules and principles to achieve targets with a permanent focus on cash control while ensuring reliability, safety, compliance to norms, regulations and procedures of the product/system and to ergonomic rules.
He/she collaborates with the Development team and Customer team in New Energies global organization and Korea local Organization.
Personal Background requirements
- Bachelor degree at least
- Minimum 3 years as Automotive / Engineering / Electronics Experience
- Experience working on projects in a matrix organization.
- Develop experience with Vehicle OEM project (min 3 projects)
- Good knowledge of automotive standards
- Strong knowledge and experience of Project Management
- Negotiation skills and ability to drive commercial activities
- Basic understanding of the capabilities of common CAE systems
- Ability to understand technical and financial stakes
- Strong knowledge in gaz system management / system composite (iljin)
- As a plus, Good knowledge of Blow Molding, Welding, Robotics
- Ability to operate at multiple level in a starting business: from technical to business development to program management
- Rigorous and Well organized
- Organizational agility as the role requires to perform with various stakeholders from the New Energies’ organization as well as the Country organization
- Customer focus and result oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- English full proficiency
- Drives the project team and coordinate activities to ensure flawless execution of PO process
- Interfaces with the customer on all project issues, ensures good communication and information flow between the customer project team and CES teams (New Energies / CES Korea).
- Prepares and presents projects to gate reviews (and in any other program/project review as necessary).
- Identifies risks during the development phases and escalate to management
- Monitors the project after start of production and manages the productivity with effect on product/process.
- Support sales and business development activities.
- Is responsible for product and process design and validation to achieve target costs and meet profitability and cash-in/cash-out targets.
- Leads Design Performance Review (DPR) with project team during development
- Ensures that technical/process choices are made in accordance with quality targets and unchangeable by checking that all quality assessments.
- Interfaces with development team (components, materials, process & systems) to ensure provision of the technologies required to support the program.
Program financial & planning:
- Establishes budget and manages development, tooling and other expenses of project within budget objectives and optimizing cash.
- Controls the developments costs and billable hours.
- Sets project planning, anticipates deviations, risks and takes corrective actions.