Own the injection process, ensuring divisional standards are implemented, best practices and management systems are in place and operational. To drive injection improvements to reduce losses, to maintain plant operation within agreed budgets and where possible implement change to reduce operating costs.
- Develop the injection processes and systems, ensuring a framework that will achieve world class standards of quality and service to the Customer and to achieve environmental compliance.
- Own the Injection process FMEA and make sure that standardised work practices are being used.
- Establish effective communication channels with the team and its people so as to realise their knowledge and full potential and to make sure that they are working to the same common business goals.
- To manage continuous improvements & productivity covering all process areas – SMED, cycle times, scrap, downtime machine /tools and energy.
- To be the main link into the division for Injection networks.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained by the Injection Technical team.
- To design and justify new improvements and equipment to reduce downtime and increase productivity.
- To lead introduction of new projects into the injection department. To be the main link into the NCT for all injection process needs.
- To be the technical reference for the injection process.
- Degree in Engineering, specializing specifically in plastics or relevant industry experience within 1st Tier Automotive supply
- Previous experience in a similar role within automotive (essential work as an individual or as part of a team)
- Knowledge of plastics manufacturing processes (injection, paint, assembly)
- In depth knowledge of injection processes
- Committed to continuous development of own skills and knowledge, and to undertake training relevant to the role
- Understanding of Quality, Business and OEM systems/standards, e.g. IATF16949
- Advanced TPM & Lean knowledge
- Proven leadership and management skills within a challenging environment
- Good knowledge of structured problem solving tools and methodologies
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal at all levels in local language and English
- Excellent motivator, self-starting, with an enthusiastic approach
- Computer literacy (SAP, Excel, Access)