Do you want challenges? Join the automotive revolution in a group that puts innovation at the heart of its strategy.
With 33,000 employees in 31 countries and a turnover of 8 billion euros in 2017, Plastic Omnium is the world leader in intelligent automotive exterior systems, clean energy systems and complex modules.
The Clean Energy Systems Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. It employs 7,500 people in 36 industrial sites.
Our ambition? Provide automotive manufacturers with advanced equipment and solutions to develop the clean and connected car of tomorrow
Besides the fuel systems, Clean Energy Systems is one of the main suppliers of depollution systems. Research programs as well as development programs specific to new vehicles move forward to answer as quickly as possible the new requests of the market, in the core business of the Division (Fuel systems and Depollution), but also in new energy solutions.- hydrogen storage and fuel cells
The Research Center of Plastic Omnium located in Brussels is fully dedicated to innovations in those three lines of products, including a system engineering team in charge of the following activities:
- System context definition (Stakeholder requirement, External Functional Analysis, Preliminary architecture etc.),
- Functional definition package (System function specification, design and test plan)
- Technical definition package (Detailed functional and physical architecture and associated requirements and test plan)
Objective of the internship
To support the system engineering team with their methodology across the application at Plastic Omnium projects and their associated complexity, the company has developed a Model Based System Engineering paradigm. The foundation of this approach is a UML/SysML based language supported by an open source tool suite called PRESTO (Eclipse based platform including Papyrus UML/SysML editor, GIT source control and branching workflow, EMF compare and merge, GENDOC publication engine etc.)
The SysML models are developed with a source control and branch management. The developer community typically works in parallel and some integration troubles may appear when the different model development branches are merged together. The intern will have the opportunity to draw the foundations of the continuous integration features for the PO Eclipse SysML editor. The goal is here to apply the continuous integration concept and tools to the SysML model Based System Engineering paradigm. This tool solution will allow performing automatically some operations around the SysML models to detect and fix pending inconsistencies. For each SysML model commit, the tasks to be automated are typically:
• SysML guidelines model checking (OCL),
• model fixing (UML API),
• documentation generation (Gendoc),
• models version comparison (EMF compare),
• merge with development branch testing (eGit and Gitflow)
• nightly operations and reporting (Jenkins).
Tasks and deliverables of the internship
The internship’s purpose is to contribute to the development of the system engineering tool suite with :
• Understanding the main concepts based on the open-source documentation and community
• To demonstrate them in the ecosystem of the Plastic Omnium tools
• To organize and lead training sessions to activate new skills in the developer community
The main deliverables will be a Jenkins server configuration that includes the continuous integration capability to manage SysML model in the Eclipse environment.
Preparing a master in engineering in computer science
Know-how - prerequisites
Eclipse and Jenkins IT skills
UML/SysML is an asset
Fluent in English, High level of initiative, good communication skills
Requirement: EU citizenship