- The Machinery Design Engineer is responsible to participate in the development and procurement of machinery for the industrialization process of the assigned programs ensuring process quality and efficiency, continuously working to reduce development cost.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES
- Create Specifications Books for the manufacturing means (Finishing Machine, Leak Tester, Assembly Lines).
- Follow up the manufacturing of equipment perform their acceptance through meetings and audits at the suppliers.
- Work in close collaboration with the Industrial Engineer, ensuring the correct development of all project phases.
- Ensure together with customers that latest technologies and innovations are applied to procured equipment
- Support product engineering on new projects evaluation in the scope of mass production feasibility.
- Follow up new product Tryouts on new developed equipment.
- Develop “Best Practices” for machinery and process troubleshooting
- Provide technical expertise support on continuous improvement and operational excellence events.
- Ensure all new machinery follow all current internal and national safety norms and requirements, also considering ergonomics.
- Be up to date with industrial advancements and innovations that may improve the company competitive position and share the information with the group.
- According to the project destination plant requirement, ensure technical support for productivity, quality, and process problems.
KEY MEASURES & INDICATORS
- CAPEX vs. Budget
- New Equipment acceptance and delivery in time.
- Deliverables issued on time
- Zero critical issues on machine acceptance.
- Industrial Team
- Project Core Team
- Other technical center for PO Worldwide
- Equipment & service supplier (Domestic and overseas)
- Engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience for industrialization processes
Skills & Abilities
- Project Management.
- Knowledge in automation, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Quality tools.
- Good knowledge of Industrial Machinery construction. Will be a differential if in plastics cutting and welding.
- Ergonomics applied to machinery.
- Knowledge in CAD software (UG or Solidworks or Catia, Autocad).
- Advanced English level.
- Spanish will be a differential.
- Good communication skills with internal & external interfaces.
- Good supplier management skill.
- Strong troubleshooting skill.