VIE - Embedded Software Developer
|JOB FAMILY||RESEARCH & INNOVATION
Clean Energy Systems
Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution!
With 33,000 team members located in 31 countries and a 2017 revenue of €8 billion, Plastic Omnium is world leader in its business.
The Clean Energy Systems Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. The division employs 7,500 employees in 36 industrial sites.
Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
- Develops, integrates and tests of embedded software for new products lines components (sensors, actuators or electronic control units)
- Supports the integration software on all phases of the system development
- Interacts with system engineers and project team on analysis of the system requirements and software requirements definition
- Interfaces with hardware design and development (internal or external supplier)
- Defines and perform software qualification and testing as required
- Ensures comprehensive software qualification and testing using specific methods
- Supports development of best practices with regards to process and tools for software development
- Supports customer during the function software integration, calibration and testing
- Ensures compliance with Research & Development process and quality policies
- Contributes to appropriate procedures and documentation, capitalizes knowledge, issues patent proposals
- Master in Electronic, Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong experience with C programming for embedded systems (16/32 bit microcontrollers)
- Excellent understanding of automotive embedded systems, architecture and communication protocols (CAN/LIN/SPI, SENT)
- Hands-on experience on troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience with model-based tools (MATLAB/Simulink/Embedded Coder) is a plus
- Familiar with software configuration management tools and issue tracking
- Good capacity of listening and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and result-oriented
- Fluent in English; French is a plus
- Candidate should be eligible for VIE (Volunteering for International Experience) scheme