The Maintenance team is responsible for ensuring that equipment and machinery are maintained in a manner that maximises their availability, productivity, product quality, and effective life, whilst minimising their total life cycle costings.
Working in a safe manner at all times, wearing any PPE designated for particular activities, following any rules and/or procedures put into place to prevent self, and others coming to harm from your actions or inactions.
- Ensuring your workplace, and any activity or area you have been involved in, conforms to Plastic Omnium housekeeping standards during your period of work, and is left in a manner acceptable to return to normal duties following your work.
- Maintaining any tools or equipment that are provided by Plastic Omnium, and returning them to the correct place after use.
- Carrying out all planned, predictive and curative maintenance activities, in a timely and efficient manner, and to the best of you abilities.
- Documenting all work and activities as instructed by your Manager, or other senior Plastic Omnium employee
- Undergoing any training activities initiated or provided by Plastic Omnium, and being committed to working in a culture of life-long learning
- Carrying out planned, preventative and curative maintenance duties
- Installation, modification, and refurbishment of equipment, machinery and factory service
- Involvement with continuous improvement activities designed to increase safety, productivity and reliability of equipment and processes
- Logical approach to fault finding and diagnostics on wide range of plant and machinery
- Problem solving using industry standard methods (e.g. 8D, Ishikawa, 5Y, etc)
Technical skills, to include, but not restricted to:
Electrical and electronic systems, Hydraulic systems, PLC systems, Pneumatic systems, Fitting