The EHS Regional Manager is responsible for the direction and coordination of Environmental Health and Safety Programs across all sites within the Americas (office and manufacturing plants). This includes 5 manufacturing plants in the US, 1 HQ in the US, 3 manufacturing sites in Mexico, 3 manufacturing sites in South America and 1 HQ in South America. This position is responsible to ensure compliance with all governmental regulations and ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the President / CEO of the region.
- Develops protocol and procedures for health and safety compliance across all sites in the Americas
- Designs, conducts, and reports on facility health and safety surveys of facilities; assesses health and safety conditions to determine if the staff or the general public may be exposed to unsafe or unhealthful conditions.
- Develops programs and investigates complaints related to safety issues such as walking/working surfaces and fall protection; ingress/egress; confined spaces and other issues arising in the occupational setting.
- Develops programs and investigates complaints related to environmental health issues such as noise, vibration, fumes, toxic chemicals, lighting, ventilation, asbestos, lead and related occupational issues.
- Develops Requests for Proposals and contracts for health and safety assessments and management services, manages and oversees contract performance.
- Prepares technical reports and recommends corrective measures to improve health and safety conditions.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of special sampling techniques and laboratory analysis procedures for the sampling and testing of unusual health and safety conditions.
- Reviews chemical, equipment, and product specifications to determine potential exposure to physical or chemical stressors and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluates personal protective equipment (PPE) used in branch facilities as to effectiveness and recommends changes in the use of PPE.