- Ensures the OPTIMAP ‘Project plan’ and total development budget is in accordance with the agreed Customer S.O.W and project SCOPE.
- Agrees the core team member’s OPTIMAP work packages and their agreed development budgets, in agreement with the project objectives and the project scope
- Establishes and manages the master project timing plan and consolidates negotiated planning of each core team member ensuring it conforms to the customer planning and OPTIMAP planning
- Responsible for the profitability of the project and sets the project core team members targets to work towards in line with the project objectives. (Development hours, PRU, investments, cash flow).
- Follows and applies the direction of the division cascaded by the Program director.
- At the end of the project: determines the status against the original project objectives and feeds back lessons learned.
Action management / Reporting / Risks
- In line with the ‘OPTIMAP Project Plan’ consolidates the status and ensures that the core teams are accountable for their status of the ‘Work package’ completion ensuring they are completed in line with the project planning and recorded in KEOPS.
- Manages and identifies deviations from the planned ‘Project Plan’ and validates the actions proposed by the core team members to realign.
- Responsible for organising project meetings “Project reviews’ and ‘end of phase reviews’ with all core team members to review project status and project action plan follow-up.
- Prepares and presents the ‘milestones’ reports to the OPTIMAP committee and in anticipation of the milestone date issues a ‘milestone’ summary report 2 days before the milestone.
- Consolidates at the launch of the project (M1 milestone) the risks of each department, prioritises and manages the plan of action to remove the risks throughout the project phases.
- Responsible for the financial control / reporting of the project budget, cash flow and profitability using the standard company tools – P.A.M.S. and the PRU/ERP and reporting on a monthly basis to Program review.
- Extraction of the project development budget by department and delegation to the core team members for their financial control / reporting (excluding payment/expenditure authorization).
- Manages the (internal / external) scope (perimeter) change process and ensures the project budget (hours, investment and PRU) is updated.
- Manages project development expenditure versus the planned project budget and identifies any deviation to the agreed project budget (hours, investment and PRU) and takes appropriate actions to realign.
- Manages the cash flow of the total development budget (inclusive of tooling/other costs) and is the only project team member who can authorize payment to suppliers respecting POs procedures and terms.
- Responsible for ensuring the contribution and actions of all project team members to the launch readiness process to achieve a non-event launch.
- Challenges that the optimum technical and manufacturing solutions / choices are made by the project team to meet the ‘design to target cost’ project objectives.
- Provides periodic reporting to the Director of Programs, Plant director, Department managers and Sales Directors highlighting the key project progress and risks through the Program review process on a monthly basis.
- Follows the project reporting of each core team member to manage the escalation process of risks and the progress of their project actions.
Team / people
- Ensures the coordination of the project team, communication management, project meeting organization, conflict resolution and building an effective team.
- Ensures the project team apply the methodology of development - OPTIMAP through KEOPS
- In line with the project development budget identifies the resource needs, skills and locations to meet the project objectives.
- Contributes to the annual assessment of the core team members.
- Responsible to ensure the project team apply company standards and best practices as defined by each department to maximise the productivity of the development budget.
- Ensures the health and safety of the project team and the respect of the environment
- Applies and respects the procedures of the engineering and plant sites and the responsibility for control or destruction of project parts and waste.
- Is POs accountable representative of the project for the customer
- With the support of the PQL ensures the actions of the customer APQP process and final customer validation files (PPAP, PSW...) are cascaded and managed through the project team.
- Responsible for the coordination / management of all the project team members’ communications to the customer and ensure the core team members take their responsibility in front of the customer.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all the customer deliverables (including: customer approval, APQP, build deliveries etc.) are managed and delivered by the ‘Project team’ and reports the progress to the customer in line with the agreed SOW.
- Identifies to the Commercial Project Manager and the customer, customer perimeter changes to the agreed Customer Statement of Work in accordance to the budget of development (hours, travel costs, costs / hour) and the OPTIMAP project plan.
- Supports the Commercial Project Manager in the negotiation of customer perimeter changes.
- Participates in the establishment and the delivery of the department ‘plan of progress’
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the departments, organization and methodologies, with actions of lessons learned, best practices and productivity.
3. Cascading / be a mentor for another junior program manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs