Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution!
With 32,000 team members located in 26 countries and a 2018 revenue of € 8,2 billion, Plastic Omnium is world leader in intelligent exterior systems, clean energy systems and front-end modules.
Plastic fuel tank systems present the perfect combination of safety, cost and weight performance. They also represent an ideal solution to support the development of hybrid vehicles. Plastic Omnium offers solutions adapted for all kinds of engines.
Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
We are looking for Alphatech (60) a Supply Chain Manager.
This role is to lead Supply Chain function towards achieving a world-class level by managing and improving physical & information flows for the region from our suppliers to OEM through plants & technical centers according to PO & CES policies & goals.
- Drive supply chain metric execution including inventory, freight cost, supplier & customer delivery, and system accuracy
- Evolve the processes and procedures for all functional roles within plant logistic teams to ensure demonstrated knowledge
- Establish optimal logistic strategies for all transportation of inbound and outbound freight to optimize cost and frequency
- Negotiation responsibility for all logistic and packaging needs for components and end items
- Develop regional packaging standards to support lean material flow throughout the entire extended supply chain
- Mentor materials teams to enhance their cross functional demonstrated knowledge to achieve supply chain goals
- Problem solving support to address issues and eliminate waste within material and information flow
- Drive Statement of Requirements for IS&S reports required to efficiently perform supply chain functions at all levels
- Some global interaction with other regions sharing supply chain best practices and standardization of processes
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Detailed working knowledge of ERP systems and information flow - SAP experience strongly recommended
- Able to manage and influence people
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years experience and knowledge in ERP systems logic and information flow
- Experience within Customs Compliance a plus
- Ability to interact effectively within all levels of the organization (hourly, management, and executive levels)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills (English required).
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Purchasing, logistics, or Supply Chain Management)
- Minimum of 5 years of direct materials management experience within manufacturing
- Minimum of 2 years Logistics purchasing / negotiation experience