The Supplier Quality Development Engineer is responsible to improve supplier performance by doing supplier quality continuous improvement activities, audits, reviews and assessments together with other relevant functions in the organization to meet PO Quality targets. Lead and facilitate development of supplier assigned during development and production phases.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Development Phase
- Lead and Facilitate development of suppliers to meet PO Automotive Systems Requirements Manuals to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance of suppliers through PO APQP process.
- Responsible of Quality and Process Supplier Evaluation for all suppliers and Supplier Onsite Process Approval (SOPA) on key suppliers as required
- Responsible for the timeliness approval of PPAP per project requirements.
- Management of Supplier rating system in conjunction with Purchasing Department and necessary systems to include monthly reporting of Supplier PPM Scores.
- To lead Supplier Quality Management Reviews (SMQR) Level II at division level and support at plant level as needed.
- Management of Level II Containment Procedures and implementation.
Product Production Phase
- Responsible of transfer from Supplier Quality Development to Plant Supplier Quality at the beginning of each program production phase plus 6 months or as necessary
- Lead and Facilitate suppliers to meet PO Automotive Systems Requirements Manual to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance of suppliers.
- Monitor of Supplier Performance Quality Rating on a monthly basis and schedule follow up audits and reviews for assigned suppliers.
- Champion supplier PPM reductions including read across of common commodity issue (i.e. focus on poor performing suppliers, high PPM, SNCR’s, and Critical Issues for their assigned suppliers.)
- Lead Supplier Improvement Audits and Supplier Onsite Process Approval (SOPA) on suppliers assigned until closure of all the actions.
- Train and mentor Plant Supplier Quality Engineers assigned
- Facilitate continuous improvement activities at suppliers to implement performance improvement, (i.e. Kaizen, Six Sigma, VA/VE events).
- Maintain quality document central file (supplier performance records pertaining to quality, cost, and delivery rating, evaluations, containment activities, etc.) per supplier
- Support internal customers (Program Teams, Logistics, Commodity Buyers, QE, SQE) & mfg. plant supplier issues
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering, Science or Technical)
- Have worked within the Quality, Process Engineering and Supplier Quality for >5 years is strongly preferred.
- Experience in APQP and PPAP required
Experience in Injection Molding, sheet metal forming and stamping is required
Electronics and thermoplastic knowledge is preferrred.
Skills & Abilities
- Good Coaching skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and prioritization skills required
- Fluent in English and native level for the country assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience TS16949, process auditor or CQA certification (preferred.)
- Ability to collect, maintain and analyze data.
- Ability to read and understand measurements and scales.
- Microsoft Office computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel, Project and ERP (SAP-preferred)
- Ability to maintain working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible, dependable, and creative.
- Proven ability in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to travel to all required countries.