- Knowledge / Qualification
- Previous Experience (If relevant)
- Key technical competencies
- Key behavioral competencies (on top of PO Group competencies)
Bachelor with experience or Master degree
5 years in paint field or chemistry or Paint process in automotive industry for painted exterior surfaces
Experience in exterior class A painted surfaces
Have already participated in project organization
Excellent colour vision
- KPI and/or main deliverables
- Leads the paint development achieving expected quality level (vs OEM’s specs) at committed cost (paint consumption, paint scrap, # parts per mast…)
- Coordinates a cross-functional team (plant, paint setting, laboratory, supplier, customer…)
- Ensures that paint process (product/process) is stable in terms of quality
- Follow-up the development and ensure the conformity of specific painting means (jigs, masking station…)
- OPTIMAP work packages
- Delivers robust paint process to achieve target scrap rate
- Delivers PPAP approval from Customer
- MCI (Manufacturing Convergence Indicator)
- PPE documents (keops)
- Respects and follows safety rules (Plants, business trip, Personal protective Equipment)
1.0 Customer Project Development
- Takes part to “Quad” meeting and push application of Design to paint methodology
- Uses and Follows development guide (opticolor & paint ‘in )
- Coordinates and evaluates paint trials
- Coordinates paint performance testing
- Answers to project requests and define at the beginning of the project Paint Zoning commitment
- Manages technical relationships with paint raw material suppliers (paint product validation through
- Assists the MPM for paint validation
- Manages jig development from CAD design to final acceptance on site (including prototype phase) Validates paint range / process / customer specifications (mechanical & aspect). Proposes and coordinates specific means realization (jigs, masking).
- Proposes and coordinates path programming concept
- Plans, organizes and assists to initial samples realization.
- Takes part to run@rate (process validation)and report performance level and/or necessaries improvements
- Coordinates the global quality of painted product.
- Fills the “plant process information” data.
- Proposes to the plant continuous improvement plan. Capitalize & compare / initial quotation.
2.0 Productivity – Optimization (paint)
- Manages / takes part to productivity projects (on plant request)
- Validates proposed solutions (specification & process hardiness) Capitalize validated actions
Some of our Outstanding Benefits:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans (effective on day of hire)
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Relocation for qualified moves
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.