Manages issues and problem solving for internal and external customers. Support launch of new products. Ensures process control. Contributes to continuous improvement. Coach and develop quality mind set within the operational team.
Quality Problem Solving
- Ensures that for every quality incident, the right quality tools are applied by the production personnel (through training, coaching, leading). Root cause analysis, action planning, application of containment measures, e.g. quality wall or controlled shipping
- Is responsible to define and release rework instructions and their application.
- Where necessary defines a Problem Alert for critical internal and external issues.
- Participates in regular part rejections analysis with the customer for 0km and Warranty.
- According to the customer requirements or depending on the quality results, sets-up a quality wall, manages (organizes and trains) the quality wall quality inspectors (also third party)
- Visits the Customer (internal & external) regularly to establish a long term relationship.
- Applies and coaches the use of 8D and QRCM in production. Maintains the Customer Quality Fast Response Board and process FMEAs.
New Product Launch
- Participates with PQL in the development of PFMEA and the control plan
- Supports the definition of limit samples together with the project team for new products
- Participates with the project team in the poke-yoke definition for the new products,
- Sets-up limit samples and Problem Alerts and organizes training with the production area leaders. Trains the operators together with production area leader.
- Contributes to, or, leads the initial sample PPAP submission and Customer run at rate together with the Plant Quality manager.
- Participates and supports MPM during run @ rate and during all manufacturing readiness operations
- Develops together with the manufacturing engineering, CI and HSE, the Standard Work (SPS, SWI) for all production processes.
Process Control (Control Plan Adherence)
- Check/ Audit that every poke yoke in place is tested by the production team at the start of every shift
- Check/ Audit that the controls are rigorously respected and escalate in event of non-compliance * Updates and follows up the quality production indicators
- Participates in the daily area production scrap reviews.
- Update, file and archive all documents related to his/her activity
- Takes part through the process auditors in regular (layered) process audits and 5s audits
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Roadmap activity- as assigned
- Leads or participates in working group as required per customers, production or quality manager
- Contributes to installing preventive actions to avoid internal and customer issues
- Actively support the plant training using the AE University modules
- Actively lead and support LL and DFQ process
High school Diploma/GED, Bachelor degrees preferred
3-5 years relevant work experience
Dedication to safety
Proven record of delivering results
ASQ certification as Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
Thorough knowledge of quality management systems (QS-9000, ISO/TS16949……)
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs