Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution!
With 32,000 team members located in 26 countries, Plastic Omnium is world leader in automotive.
The Clean Energy system Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. The division employs 7,500 employees in 39 industrial sites.
Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
- Improves modeling & simulation methodologies in the field of Solid Mechanics and its application to R&D projects for new innovative product
- Supports R&D projects needs in his/her field of expertise
1.Develops expertise in the field of Solid Mechanics analysis
- Collects information related to Solid Mechanics for polymer parts (creep, crash, fatigue). Makes this information comprehensive and ensures appropriate diffusion
- Develops material laws for our polymer and composite materials
- Collects technical and scientific papers, patents and patent applications, software suppliers information and information from competitors related to new simulation approach
- Validates simulation results
- Capitalizes knowledge and contributes to training
2.Leads research projects or work packages where Solid Mechanics analysis is involved
- In cooperation with the project teams and/or internal customers, leads the simulation activities (defines the objectives and planning, finds appropriate partners, develops the simulations methodologies, follows lab tests, draws conclusions, proposes further actions, …); makes sure these activities are done on time and follows associated costs
- Writes reports for internal diffusion and patent proposals; presents results to customer; ensures the diffusion of any relevant information within the research team and within the company
3.Support Research projects in the field of solid mechanics simulation
4. Ensure a level 2 support to Technical Centers
- Brings his/her expertise to the research & development projects following needs
- Networks with other experts within Development department and with the simulation engineers in the Technical Centers worldwide
- Develops contacts with major software suppliers to identify future trends
6. Proposes and follows collaboration with universities and supervises coop student work
- Engineering degree or equivalent. Ph. D is a plus
- Good knowledge in solid mechanics simulation (finite elements analysis)
- Experience of numerical simulation
- Good knowledge of material laws theory, particularly polymers
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of fluid-structure interaction is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Aptitude in communication