KPI and/or main deliverables
- Person is responsible for all purchasing activities related to the program (excluding CAPEX).
- Is responsible with the commodity buyer for sourcing activity.
- Responsible for the purchasing budget (hours & money) allocated for the project.
- Is in charge to manage closed purchase order for the project and to follow payment schedule.
- Is responsible for the non-event launch related to supplier.
- In the respect of the purchasing policy, they establish the supplier short list for the project with the commodity buyers.
- Gathers all key information for complex RFQ and identifies the market constraints, the targets, and the time schedule for each activity.
- Negotiates according to the quality, cost and deadline project’s targets.
- Addresses the sourcing recommendation to the Sourcing Board. They write the contracts and implement them.
Ordering and payment:
- Manages purchase request and purchase order related to the project.
- Follows payment schedule to suppliers.
Coordination & tracking:
- Identifies the project’s risks and opportunities, to plan each activity, to coordinate them internally & externally and to track them up to final realization.
- In case of critical topic related to supplier, they lead associate task force, and escalate to commodity team and management.
Supplier quality & non-event launch:
- Participates to Supplier APQP project plan definition and follow-up (lead by the Supply Engineer).
- Supports Supplier engineer on major road block related to Supplier APQP.
- Attends launch readiness and track purchasing deep red points.
- Implements Tier 2 readiness process with objective of non-event launch related to suppliers.
- Organises project transfer to the commodity buyer.
- Defines initial Statement of Work of purchasing perimeter including extended team, regarding project perimeter, development budget (hours, hourly rate, travel cost), split of activity between Supplier Project Manager and extended team.
- Leads functionally the extended team activity for the project.
- Responsible for following up on critical topics identified during milestones review.
- Validates at the beginning of the project provisional budget (hours and cost) is in accordance to initial project perimeter and project objectives.
- Proposes adjustments and modifications link to perimeter evolution during project life time
- Participates to continuous improvements for job, organisations and methodology.
- Participates to capitalisation and to productivity actions.
- At the end of the project, participates to the closure of project and gives feedback regarding best practise and difficulties.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science or Business School with purchasing speciality
- Knowledge of project management in automotive or plastic business
- Purchasing knowledge
- Technical negotiations
- Project management
- Finance & cash management
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs