- The Program buyer is responsible for source new components, drive cost reductions, enhance quality performance and support programs throughout their entire life cycle.
- The Buyer will manage the suppliers within an Extended Enterprise framework in support of the team in accordance with the Purchasing Responsibility Matrix.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES
- Issue and analyze request for quotations (RFQs) from approved suppliers to support POAI production and preproduction requirements (components, materials, and component tooling).
- Negotiate price, delivery, quality levels, intellectual property rights, payment terms and other aspects in the interest of POAI Automotive Systems.
- Lead sourcing decisions.
- Responsible to work with legal department to insure the legal soundness of the contractual relationships between POAI and its supply base, within scope assigned
- Develop formal written strategies for programs.
- Issue purchase orders for all program requirements throughout the program life cycle.
- Develop, maintain, and publish appropriate documentation as required by the applicable purchasing procedures.
- Work with suppliers, program teams, and plants to drive cost reductions.
- Assist in the establishment and work on the realization of supply base performance targets.
- Work closely with other functional areas and the manufacturing plants to establish an effective supply base.
- Manage suppliers price changes, debit issues, cost reductions, engineering changes, and key supplier meetings/activities.
- Actively participate in program planning and status meetings.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Prepare correspondence for internal and external purposes.
- Support other department positions and special projects as needed.
- Must successfully complete all POAI required training.
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other things assigned by line manager.
KEY MEASURES & INDICATORS
- Budget saving target
- On time component deliveries with 0 quality issue
- Suppliers PPAP on time and accepted at first time
- On time transfer of purchasing files to plant(s)
- Material and tooling costs
- Profitability (material margin)
- Cash-out optimization (working capital, amortization)
- Core team members
- Commodity and local buyers
- Supplier quality engineers
- Global purchasing organization
- Plant department managers, finance, quality, logistic, engineering…
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing industry environment. Automotive background is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Having adaptability on multicultural and cross-departmental relations and team spirits
- Fluency in English (Business level)
- Strong negotiator
- Strong organizational skills and prioritize tasks to meet department objectives with timely manner.
- Complete multiple activities concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other functional areas and suppliers.
- Understand products development (project/program) process
- Having innovation and openness to change