- Develop, follow, optimize and standardize paint process and reliability to meet the OEE targets.
- Lead initiatives to utilize new technologies to gain competitive advantage.
- Lead and/or participate in new products/new process (paint line, robots) development, paint assessment and launches to meet customer expectations.
- Provide technical support for the Paint Shop operations and own the process and controls.
- Design and/or testing of tooling, equipment and process, in relation to analysis of the product design for best method of manufacture. This includes product design analysis.
- Make decision to improve the equipment OEE by using technical knowledge, expertise and best practices to achieve quality and uptime targets.
- Support new projects launches in line with Optimap requirements
- Supervise and handle unusual situations. Establish a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project. Utilize statistical analysis, data, PDCA and other tools.
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions and makes necessary improvements in equipment functioning, application and process.
- Keep abreast of new technology, current product developments and trends, in paint application process and design, justify and manage projects for new improvements and equipment to reduce downtime, increase productivity for the Paint Shop and to gain competitive advantage.
- Test and validate technical solutions (Optipro projects, changes in the plant, equipment supplier)
- Stabilize and optimize painting area performance (paint consumption, scraps reduction, uptime)
- Ensure quality in processes and procedures.
- Assist and lead in the development of, Equipment Preventative Maintenance, Reliability and Maintainability.
- Own the paint process FMEA and make sure that standardized work practices are being used.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and productivity covering all process areas- cycle times, scrap, downtime, machine /tools and energy
- Support the Maintenance Initiatives.
- Utilize understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms and exhibit high level of analytical ability to solve unusual and difficult problems.
- Lead, support and participate in continuous improvement activities and productivity covering all process areas- cycle times, scrap, downtime, machine /tools and energy to attain maximum Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) required.
- Develop the paint processes and systems ensuring a framework that will achieve world class standards of quality and service to the Customer and to achieve environmental compliance.
- Participate / lead in Paint Assessment.
- Establish effective communication channels with the team and between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives and to realize their knowledge and full potential to make sure that they are working to the same common business goals
- Develop and ensure strict adherence to PQDCSM improvement initiatives
- Optimize all resources by utilizing statistical methods and data to produce best-in-class quality products
- Promote safe work practices as the highest priority and implement objectives for ergonomics, health/safety, and housekeeping. Work according to EHS requirements (LOTO, access etc).
- Supports/ Empowers employees to continuously improve their work by managing and eliminating constraints to assure equipment uptime and meet quality standards to meet production schedules.
- Manages production schedules and product requirements by utilizing Competitive Manufacturing Processes with emphasis on variation reduction
- Manages / assists in assigned budget and achievement of productivity improvements
- Ensures compliance to POAE Paint standards and customer standards.
- Develops and controls all equipment control software.
- Develop and train to process and production work instructions.
- Develop employee training and development plans and perform reviews for all direct reports.
- Assist maintenance technicians as required to diagnose and solve any type of breakdown or trouble with mechanical, electrical or electronic system and controls for equipment in the Paint Shop, to get the line up and running, in least possible time safely.
- Maintain the chemical treatment of sludge system for circulating water systems.
- Create and Maintain Visual Factory and performance updates for management using PO standards.
- Continually develop/drive the paint Tech team to deliver best in class processes and standards.
- Own the technical integrity of Paint database and support introduction plans into plant painting area
- Ensure quality standards are maintained by the paint Tech team.
- Participate in paint technicians’ recruitment to assess technical abilities.
- May train and coach paint technicians and operators
- May program robots or lead paint robots programmers
- Actively represent the plant in paint networks
- Own the systems’ control logics and optimization.
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis and recurrence prevention plans using PDCA, 5-Why, 8D etc.
- Safety first mind set.
- Having a good knowledge of equipment used in fully automated paint line, such as; sludge system, RTO, Air-houses, Paint Application equipment, Ovens, Conveyors, chillers, compressors, dryers, fans, fluid delivery systems, paint circulation and paint mix systems, switchboards, test boards, motors, starters, switches, circuits and controls, PLC programing and robotics.
- Capable of lifting in excess of 50 lbs and climbing over equipment.
- High level analytical analysis and oral and written communication skills.
- Understand paint formulation and application and work with paint and chemical suppliers to develop process.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Paint application and controls experience 4 to 7 years
- Manufacturing Experience in an automotive paint finishing facility for TPO and ABS plastic parts.
- Supervision 2+ years
- Six sigma certification a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs