Specific Job Duties:
- To follow safety rules of Plastic Omnium and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Participate in the development of robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products and the continuous improvement of existing programs to optimize transfer efficiency within the guidelines of the control plans and customer quality standards.
- Perform all daily electrical and mechanical maintenance on electrostatic spray guns, pumps, robots, motors, and other electronic equipment to ensure optimum performance and utilization.
- Troubleshoot and repair, robotic, electrical, PLC, communication, fluid delivery, and pneumatic equipment.
- Verify and calibrate as directed in the total productive maintenance plan to ensure the accuracy and repeatability of the process. This includes, but is not limited to all electrical equipment, hydraulics, mechanical, piping, pumps, and pneumatics.
- Daily verify all mix room, Paint temps, viscosities, resistivity’s, PH, and incoming checks.
- Maintain storage room FIFO system
- Prep and load Micro systems per schedule
- Support and lead the daily activities of reduction of paint related defects, do to process, equipment or application.
- Coordinate with Wet and Final Inspectors on reduction of paint related defects, do to process, equipment or application. Communicate and work with Paint Engineers on elimination of those defects.
- Assist and train Wet Inspectors on proper appearance and reaction to change in appearance. Assist the Wet inspectors on visually inspecting the robot path work and application to identify application changes, that could effect product quality.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and/or quality system through designated channels.
- Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all application equipment to maintain the specified quality standards detailed in the control plans of all products.
- Complete all maintenance as directed in the total productive maintenance plan to ensure optimum performance of the equipment.
- Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong electrical, PLC and robots experience
- Previous automotive finishing and robotic experience a plus.
- Durr Robots experience a plus
- Mechanical and electrical experience REQUIRED with industrial control an asset
- Computer technology and programming an asset.
- Associate’s Degree in a related technical field of study a plus.
- Must be computer literate on the Windows platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.