Innovation Program Core Team:
- Actively participate in program planning and status meetings.
- Issues and analyzes request for quotations (RFQs) from approved or potential suppliers to support the team requirements (components, materials, and component tooling).
- Ensures proper communication between Research department and Purchasing organization
- Negotiates price, delivery, timing and payment terms.
- Leads sourcing decisions and decision matrix when needed
- Manages purchase orders (components, materials, and component tooling).
- Works with suppliers, program teams and plants to drive cost reductions.
- Manages suppliers price changes, debit issues, cost reductions, engineering changes, and key supplier meetings/activities.
- Perform benchmark and reverse engineering/costing
- Negotiate if needed licence fees together with IP department
- Verify that a valid NDA is in place with new suppliers and lead negotiations on NDA content when needed with new suppliers for the New Energies affiiliates (including FC, DC DC and batteries)
- Develops, maintains, and publishes appropriate documentation as required by the applicable purchasing procedures.
- Develops and anticipates commodity strategies for innovative products and Program strategies for assigned programs.
- Responsible to work with legal department to insure the legal soundness of the contractual relationships between Plastic Omnium and its supply base, within scope assigned
- Works closely with other functional areas and the manufacturing plants to establish an effective supply base.
- Supports other department positions and special projects as needed.
- Mentors and train other buyers within the organization.
- Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers for Techwatch