- Manage the APQP process with suppliers to achieve non-event launches in alignment to OEM and AE specific requirements.
- Coordinate and manage supplier PPAP’s to closure utilizing supplier portal.
- Engage with the POAE Plant SQE on risks and containment during launch.
- Manage program changes with suppliers 6 months after SOP.
- On time PPAP, on-time APQP, Supplier ppm, Green (non-event) launches.
1.0 Contributes to the selection of new suppliers, and to commodity strategy definition.
- Conducts feasibility assessments with potential suppliers prior to nomination (collect technical data and drawings with Engineering Program Manager (EPM); communicate with suppliers to ensure the feasibility commitment is achieved properly by suppliers).
- Supports the nomination process prior to the sourcing committee.
2.0 Manage the APQP / PPAP process with the suppliers
- Manages supplier to reach PPAP on-time together with the program buyers and the Supplier Program Manager (SPM). Develop a supplier risk mitigation plan.
- Monitors APQP deliverables: Feasibility commitment, APQP planning, Measurement plans, Control plans, product & process FMEA, validation plans, run at rates, acceptance reports, appearance approval reports, checking fixtures concepts, checking fixtures R&R studies.
- Analyses first off-tool parts and start of Part history tracking at the supplier.
- Enforces a CONVERGENCE process on critical (safety) or significant characteristics (fit and function). Ensures the cascading to suppliers of OEM and Project SC and CCs. Make sure these SC and CCs are taken into account into supplier FMEAs and control plans.
- Monitors mountability and packaging validation (build trials), with support of Plant Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Leads Run@Rate at Supplier facility with support of SPM and SQE. Confirms capacity and capability and conducts a process audit if needed as part of risk mitigation plan. Applies OEM specific Process audits and Run@Rate requirements where applicable together with Supplier Development Leader (SDL). E.g. VDA 6.3.
- Submits PPAP status to SPM and Plant SQE (utilizing the supplier PPAP-online application). Validates the ISAR (Initial Samples Acceptance Report) with the supplier. Report progress for each program and each supplier.
3.0 Supplier Launch to SOP
- Together with the Plant SQE prepares incoming inspection (boundary samples; limit samples, and instructions).
- Supervises Supplier Ramp-up (Quality Firewall with inspection evidence).
- Ensures Supplier NCN’s are generated (in SAP-QM) and issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Conducts lessons learned session with supplier and register lessons learned to POAE lessons learned database.
4.0 Change management
- Ensures a transparent process of change management from the program team through to the supplier.
- During Launch ensures the part status (configuration, revision levels) are maintained at plant and PPAP on-line system in agreement with the engineering BOM.
5.0 Supplier Development after SOP
- Supports the Supplier Development leader with program performance analysis and program lessons learned.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science or business school with purchasing specialty
- 5 years experience in Quality
- Experience with PPAP process
- Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO 9001
Some of our Outstanding Benefits:
• Medical / Dental / Vision plans (effective on hire date)
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation Pay
• Vehicle Discount Programs
• Relocation for qualified moves
• Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned up successfully passing a drug test. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future (external applicants).