- Responsible for developing manufacturing process (not excluding injection, paint, assembly, bonding) and process flow methods.
- Provides engineering support to the manufacturing teams and to the project team for the launch of the new processes in the plant and the realization of the manufacturing readiness
- Provides engineering support to the manufacturing teams to improve and optimize plant processes
- Participate in capacity analysis with Sales, SPM and plant Logistics Team and anticipate need for process modification and capacity adjustments
- Support MIFA (material and information flow analysis) and verify all material and information flow gaps (target MIFD). Support building target MIFD. Accept MIFD from projects/programs.
- Participate in layout proposal with projects/programs
- Participate in new process trials in the plant: validate process
- Validate operating standards and procedures in accordance with POMS and process Golden Rules.
- Accept workstation instructions (WI) in cooperation with manufacturing teams from projects/programs. Support building new Standard Work for new processes.
- Participate in Lessons Learned, share all experience with structured feedback to project and program team
For existing processes provided:
- Assess the techniques and equipment used in production processes to see if they can operate more efficiently
- Maintain series Process Flow, PFMEA and Work Instructions in collaboration with assembly teams. Improve existing/series WI with process coaches and Manufacturing Engineer/ CI team.
- Support layout improvement decisions based on MIFA/MIFD.
- Coordinate projects with external contractors for quoting and scheduling implementation to a project timeline.
- Analyze process failures through root cause analysis.
- Evaluate work cell setup and design alternatives based on product flow and operator movement. Participate in Lessons Learned, share all experience with structured feedback to métiers and project team members
- Dedication to Safety
- Industrial Engineering- Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering degree preferred but not required. Good capability in spoken and written English
- 2 years in similar role at OEM, Tier 1 or 2 automotive, Aerospace sector, Medical Industry
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing tools. Plastic Injection and Automated Paint applications a plus. Experience with, or knowledge of large capital equipment investment and process flow.
- Computer literacy: use of Microsoft Office (or similar) programs to satisfy working requirements (excel, project, PowerPoint, Visio)
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs