The Industrial Engineer is responsible to plan and implement the Industrial Process for new business development according to INPro. The Industrial Engineer will also perform Level 4 support at the manufacturing facilities to aid in root cause problem solving for processes, equipment or quality issues. Work is performed in a fast paced environment within tight time constraints. Unusual hours and travel may be required.
- Work effectively inside a cross functional Core Team assigned to develop new business awards and carry the new business into a production setting by using the APQP process.
- Effectively utilize tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA, Process Flow, GD&T, ACAD, Inergy Production System (IPS), Lean Manufacturing, and Project Management to secure robust interactions between product design and manufacturing solutions.
- Support and /or lead development of specifications for manufacturing solutions, processes or equipment.
- Support the validation of equipment design and construction compliancy to process requirements, Instand and World Wide Standards.
- Provide manufacturing technical expertise and input to review new product program opportunities to help evaluate feasibility.
- Assist and support continuous improvement events such as Team Feasibility and Lean Manufacturing Tool Workshops for new business development and current production.
- Assist Product Engineering personnel in evaluating new product designs for manufacturability. Help plan and coordinate the appropriate use of tools such as FEA & CFD simulation to support manufacturability.
- Work with Product Engineering to develop and perform the necessary testing of new product designs to develop an understanding of sensitivity to the manufacturing solutions.
- Provide Level 4 support when required to the manufacturing facilities to aid in root cause problem solving for processes, equipment and quality issues.
- Plan and perform required R&D to develop and understand viable manufacturing solutions for new product manufacturing requirements.
- Utilize documented best practices and lessons learned to ensure common approach to trouble shooting process problems and solving machinery issues.
- Continue education as required to research & understand industry advances that can improve Inergy Automotive competitive position and share this information throughout the Corporation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing (Manufacturing Technology with relevant experience) or Industrial
- Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing experience, strongly preferred Automotive industry
- Experience in Plastics processing industry, preferred but, not necessary
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Must have experience in the following: PFMEA, Process Flow, GD&T
- Large part blow molding industry, preferred
- Machine design and/or Process Engineering support within other high volume manufacturing industries.
- High volume packaging experience would be an asset
- Product design experience would be an asset
- Working practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in Spanish or French, preferred but, not necessary
- At ease and effective in a matrix, multicultural and fast evolving environment
- Travel 25% domestic & international (Local Plants & Mexico travel)
All applicants MUST BE AUTHORIZED to work in the US WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP NOW and in the FUTURE.
Please apply with your attached resume