Do you want challenges? Join the automotive revolution in a group that puts innovation at the heart of its strategy.
With 33,000 employees in 31 countries and a turnover of 8 billion euros in 2017, Plastic Omnium is the world leader in intelligent automotive exterior systems, clean energy systems and complex modules.
The Clean Energy Systems Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. It employs 7,500 people in 36 industrial sites.
Our ambition? Provide automotive manufacturers with advanced equipment and solutions to develop the clean and connected car of tomorrow
Besides the fuel systems, Clean Energy Systems is one of the main suppliers of depollution systems. Research programs as well as development programs specific to new vehicles move forward to answer as quickly as possible the new requests of the market, in the core business of the Division (Fuel systems and Depollution), but also in new energy solutions.- hydrogen storage and fuel cells
The Research Center of Plastic Omnium located in Brussels is fully dedicated to innovations in those three lines of products, including a system engineering team in charge of the following activities:
- System context definition (Stakeholder requirement, External Functional Analysis, Preliminary architecture etc.),
- Functional definition package (System function specification, design and test plan)
- Technical definition package (Detailed functional and physical architecture and associated requirements and test plan)
Objective of the internship
To support the system engineering team with their methodology across the application at Plastic Omnium projects and their associated complexity, the company has developed a Model Based System Engineering paradigm. The foundation of this approach is a UML/SysML based language supported by an open source tool suite called PRESTO (Eclipse based platform including Papyrus UML/SysML editor, GIT source control and branching workflow, EMF compare and merge, GENDOC publication engine etc.)
The purpose of the internship is to explore advanced features of the SysML tool suite in order to activate new skills in the system modeler community. The foreseen features deal with:
• UML and SysML profile updates, integration in tool-suite and existing model profile refactoring.
• Model handling scripts to ease repetitive manual model editing operations (Java UML API)
• Automation and customization of model diagram styling (CSS)
• Customization of model element visualization with tailored table templates (using Acceleo)
• Customization of source control management to include verification reports (using GiT, EMF compare)
• Adaptation of the existing document generation templates (using GenDoc)
• Tailoring of modeling guidelines verification tool (using OCL)
Tasks and deliverables of the internship
The goal of the internship is:
• Understanding the main concepts based on the open-source documentation and community
• To demonstrate them in the ecosystem of the Plastic Omnium tools
• To write guidelines, starter kit and documentation material
• To organize and lead training sessions to activate new skills in the developer community
Preparing a master in engineering, preferably computer science
Know-how - prerequisites
Eclipse development environment
Software development (Java is an asset)
Fluent in English, High level of initiative, good communication skills
Requirement: EU citizenship