- Establish and manage an effective supply base in China (suppliers’ audits, quotations, negotiations, suppliers’ development, contracts).
- Assist the program buyers and manufacturing plants with support for management of issues related to China suppliers.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES
- Pay a special attention at safety when visiting suppliers shop floor
- Lead sourcing decisions, negotiation of price, delivery and payment terms, contracts.
- Issue and analyze request for quotations (RFQs) from approved suppliers to support POAI production and pre-production requirements (components, materials, and component tooling).
- Develop formal written commodity strategies for China suppliers
- Work with suppliers, program teams, and plants to drive cost reductions. Assist in the establishment of supply base performance targets. Work closely with the purchasing staff, customer centers, manufacturing plants, and other functional areas to establish an effective supply base.
- Assist the program buyers with key issues including price changes, debit issues, cost reductions, engineering changes, and key supplier meetings/activities.
- Work jointly with Supply Chain team and plants to optimize the in-bound logistics and reduce inventory in plant
KEY MEASURES & INDICATORS
- Control safety at suppliers plants at any plant tour and report it
- Monitor suppliers VAVE proposals, payment terms, amortization
- Reduction of inventory in plants (common objective with supply chain team)
- Commodity strategy presentation, Contracts, Score cards
- Internal customers (SA&C, PAE, SQE…)
- Purchasing organization
- Plants Purchasing and Supply Chain teams
- Minimum Graduate with Engineering background preferably or Purchasing education
- Minimum 3 years experience as buyer in an international automotive environment
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with internal and external customers and to effectively communicate expectations
- Ability to successfully lead complex negotiations in support of PO’s objectives.
- Ability to manage international key account type relations
- Ability to analyze cost structures/drivers relating to supplier price submissions.
- Ability to conceptualize and understand multiple production processes and related equipment equirements/specifications
- Have knowledge of working with supplier base across China
- Should be open to frequent travel