Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution! With 33,000 team members located in 31 countries and a 2017 revenue of €8 billion, Plastic Omnium is world leader in its business.
The Clean Energy Systems Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. The division employs 7,500 employees in 36 industrial sites. Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
- Supports innovation programs, develops and implements a formal strategy with the commodity family, source new components, drives cost reductions and supports Research activities in general.
- Manages the suppliers within an Extended Enterprise framework in support of the Research team in accordance with the Purchasing Responsibility
- Mentor and train others within the organization
Innovation Program Core Team:
- Actively participate in program planning and status meetings.
- Issues and analyzes request for quotations (RFQs) from approved or potential suppliers to support the team requirements (components, materials, and component tooling).
- Ensures proper communication between Research department and Purchasing organization
- Negotiates price, delivery, timing and payment terms.
- Leads sourcing decisions and decision matrix when needed
- Manages purchase orders (components, materials, and component tooling).
- Works with suppliers, program teams and plants to drive cost reductions.
- Manages suppliers price changes, debit issues, cost reductions, engineering changes, and key supplier meetings/activities.
- Develops, maintains, and publishes appropriate documentation as required by the applicable purchasing procedures.
- Develops and anticipates commodity strategies for innovative products and Program strategies for assigned programs.
- Responsible to work with legal department to insure the legal soundness of the contractual relationships between Plastic Omnium and its supply base, within scope assigned
- Works closely with other functional areas and the manufacturing plants to establish an effective supply base.
- Supports other department positions and special projects as needed.
- Mentors and train other buyers within the organization.
- Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers for Techwatch
- Ability to analyze cost structures/drivers relating to supplier price submissions.
- Willingness to learn and genuine interest on product’s technical features
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate prices, timing, and terms in support of given objectives.
- Knowledge in contractual negotiation
- Fully capable of conceptualizing and understanding multiple production processes and related equipment requirements/specifications.
- Able to understand product description and basic design from blueprints.
- In depth knowledge of fundamental purchasing practices, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to collect, maintain and analyze data.
- Must be able to manage time and determine priorities.
- Must be flexible, dependable and creative.
- Must be result-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office (Word Excel, PowerPoint), basic ability to navigate Internet and Intranet software packages.
Required education and experience
• Master’s Degree in Purchasing or in Engineering with specialization in Purchasing and a minimum of 4 years of relevant successful experience in a manufacturing industry environment
• Previous experience in Purchasing, preferably in the automotive industry.