Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution! With 33,000 team members located in 31 countries and a 2017 revenue of €8 billion, Plastic Omnium is world leader in its business.
The Clean Energy Systems Division is the world leader in energy storage systems. The division employs 7,500 employees in 36 industrial sites. Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
The goal of this project is to design a sensor module which is capable of measuring the liquid level, concentration, temperature and conductivity in a single package. This sensor will be mounted in a tank containing a liquid in which it be injected to different components of the vehicle powertrain systems to either reduce the emissions or improve the efficiency of the internal combustion engines.
In this Component Design Engineer (CDE) role, you will:
- Perform activities in order to design and develop sensors based on Time of Flight measurement techniques
- Actively participate in the following work packages and based on his/her experience/skills will take ownership of one or more of the work packages
- Design the sensors housing to be compatible to harsh automotive environment
- Design the Electronic circuit for acquiring the signals form the sensing elements and protection
- Signal processing and embedded programing
- Design functional and validation test plans
- Be a part of the R&D mechatronics department and will receive support from specialized core teams on each work package
- Work with local and remote experts in different departments of Plastic Omnium both in Belgium and abroad
- Perform all activities according to PLASTIC OMNIUM and automotive industry’s quality and safety procedures and report to the project manager
- You have a Masters degree in Physics, Electrical/Electronics engineering, Electromechanical engineering, software and programming or similar experience (PhD is an asset)
- You have ideally some experience in automotive industry and sensors
- You are fluent in English
The following qualifications would be additional assets:
- Python or Matlab programming
- Embedded programing
- Analog and digital electronic design, analysis and simulation
- Computer aided design of electronic boards
- Technical expertise in a sensing technology
- Written scientific or technical reports, a thesis for an advanced degree is a plus