- The Accounting Manager is responsible to lead the USA accounting function
- This includes the accurate and timely analysis of the company financials, as well as, the management of the internal/external audit function
- He/she should establish, implement and monitor internal controls, policies and procedures
- Work is performed in a fast paced environment within tight time constraints
- Unusual hours and travel may be required
- This is a salaried exempt position
- Responsible for the monthly review of the accounting records of 6 USA reporting locations
- Organize and oversee the monthly closing and reporting process
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and corporate accounting standards, policies and procedures
- Participate in the monthly rolling forecasting process of the P&L down to Net Result.
- Responsible for the monthly rolling forecast process of the free cash-flow and the debt.
- Supervise directly 2 A/R positions, and 1 A/P position in the Troy office. 4 A/P positions at plant level report to this position dotted-line.
- Co-ordinate with plant controlling personnel at 5 manufacturing facilities
- Define and implement accounting rules and KPIs for the country in accordance with Group policies and Goals
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the Accounting tools in close cooperation with division. This role includes being the Business Process Owner for SAP FI.
- Coordinate business flows with other departments (Purchasing, Customer Center, Human resources etc…) to ensure the accuracy of the reported figures and to comply with Group and local rules.
- Provide guidance to plant and regional office finance personnel on accounting issues
- Propose and implement improvements to current processes
- Oversee the accounting, reporting and balancing of inter-company activity with global affiliates
- Supervise the reporting of capital expenditures, analysis of variances from budget and forecasted spending
- Responsible for pension accounting, actual, forecast and budget
- Responsible for USA tax accounting, current and deferred taxes, actual, forecast and budget
- Prepare support for USA tax returns, calculate state apportionment
- Review transfer-pricing documentation for cross-border transactions
- Analyze foreign exchange impact in USD financial statements.
- Responsible for completion of US Census Bureau reporting
- Prepare USA-entity financial statements with footnotes
- This role is the interlocutor or entry-point in the country for the Division or Group for any accounting topic related to the country.
- Organize, implement and track with Division and IS&S the improvements of the SAP ERP for the Fi module.
- Track and implement accounting KPIs to improve the efficiency of the accounting function.
- Adhoc reporting
- Develop a strong and motivated team of accounting collaborators
- Promotes and exemplifies Clean Energy Systems values to all associates
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Must successfully complete all Clean Energy Systems required training
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures, including safety rules
- Provide support to other positions as needed
- Other duties as assigned