This is a semi-skilled position which requires the learning and performing of multiple jobs within the departmental area. This is a fast paced, high tech industry that demands the initial and ongoing training of Operators so that current and future production and quality standards can be achieved. This is an hourly paid position.
This position reports directly to the Shift Manager. May also receive direction from the Team Leaders.
- Support production demands.
- Work in accordance to Work Instructions and Training.
- Observe and follow Quality Alerts.
- Perform Quality Inspections on every tank.
- Handle defects properly (labels, bins, INTRACE)
- Complete required documents (shift logs, traceability etc).
- Keep assigned area and equipment clean, safe and orderly (5S).
- Report immediately to Supervisor; any equipment malfunctions, unsatisfactory product quality or any process that is found to be out of specification.
- Authority & responsibility to stop production if a safety or quality issues arise
Required qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Demonstrate ability to work in a “self managed cell’ environment.
- Demonstrate ability to perform basics machine functions.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a Team Player.
- Demonstrate ability to perform first level preventive maintenance.
- Must perform other tasks within Dept. as necessary (job rotations, cross training)
- Knowledge of Emergency Stop Button locations. Stop machine for immediate safety issues!
- Must successfully complete all required training.
- Must comply with all Health Safety & Environmental regulations.
- Must comply with all company policies, procedures and Quality Management System.
- Position requires, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
**Must be willing to work some overtime and weekends when business demands.
Must be able to demonstrate a respect for people, have a sense of common good and have a commitment to excellence in order to be successful.
Position Type: Full-time
Education Requirement: HS/GED
Plastic Omnium is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.