The Lab Technician is responsible to complete testing assignments and provide quality data to requestors. Work is performed in a fast paced environment within tight time constraints.
- Reviews and understands requested work for content, quality and accuracy.
- Must work with the Development Supervisor to maintain the inventory associated with a given job in accordance with departmental inventory procedures.
- Verifies that the equipment chosen for testing has been calibrated or conducts a suitable verification procedure on the equipment according to department procedures prior to testing.
- Schedules tests and keeps test requestor, Validation Engineer and supervisor informed of progress in order to meet customer requested timing.
- Completes testing assignments in accordance with work request instructions under direct supervision by the Lab Supervisor.
- Collects and stores all data associated with a given test in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Prepares clear written lab reports using appropriate photographs, charts, graphs and templates.
- Must comply will all current 5S standards for maintaining clean work stations and an organized work environment.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Complies with quality system procedures.
- Checks for reproducibility, accuracy, and precision of data.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities.
- Must successfully complete all Inergy required training.
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Provides support to other positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.