- Responsible for safety, quality, cost and delivery of assigned shift.
- Lead and participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve on paint performance goals.
- Maintain Control Plans, Work Instructions to the ISO-TS16949 standard.
- Train staff members in ISO/TS 16949 requirements for the Paint Department. Ensure strict compliance to all ISO/TS 16949 procedures and work guidance.
- Establish hiring and training requirements for outside paint team leaders and team members to perform responsibilities effectively. Develop a monitoring system to gauge training effectiveness and to provide feedback to paint personnel.
- Develop and implement ergonomic production layouts to optimize process flows and eliminate non-value added activities through the principles of synchronous manufacturing.
- Identify accurate monitoring and data collection systems for critical processes, equipment and/or product parameters. Track capability for continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate and prepare management reports by program/style for all key operating indicators including:
- First time capability.
- Deficiency Trends
- Overall yields.
- Scrap rate.
- Guide the team in their responsibilities to:
- reduce PPM internal and externally
- customer requirements are satisfied,
- accurate tracking and inventory of paint consumable materials,
- resolution of out of balance inventory conditions, through SAP and SQP transaction
- prompt disposition of quarantined material,
- control of Direct Labor Efficiency
- gap optimization, and batch running optimization
- Assess the abilities of personnel and resources, and allocate them to the areas of their greatest expertise and utilization.
- Participate in the advanced product quality planning activities for the development of the control plan for all parts manufactured.
- Must be available to work 3rd shift.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Industrial and/or business field of study. Twelve years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Operational knowledge of management information systems, use of personal computers and application software.
- Extensive manufacturing management experience in a high volume, dynamic environment.
- Previous experience in industrial automotive preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, problem solving and people skills.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking for up to eight (8) hours a day, the ability to perform work while sitting for up to eight (8) hours a day and the ability to lift up to 10pounds on an infrequent basis. Good vision at a close distance is required. Must be capable of performing repetitive motion at, above and below shoulder height for up to six (6) hours a day. (See attached sheet for detailed physical description of this position.)
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Effective on Day of Hire:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Vehicle Discount Programs
- Relocation for qualified moves
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned up successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.